Nick Aldis Blasts WWE's Bruce Prichard, Says He Passed On 6 Months Salary To Prove Point
Mia Walsh
Published Mar 27, 2026
While returning fire at WWE's Creative Director Bruce Prichard, current NWA World Champion Nick Aldis says that despite offers to put him on salary, he chose not to take a salary in NWA to prove an important point. That point being, he's the real deal.
After Prichard took a shot at Aldis last week, the performer got heated while responding to what he called unwarranted claims, saying Prichard just proves he's not paying attention to what's going on in wrestling. Aldis called himself very lucky to be in NWA and is one of the few wrestlers there making six-figures. The idea was not that he was bragging about the money, only showing that he'd earned his higher salary after first proving his worth.
Aldis noted that for six months, he didn't get paid a penny. That was something he chose to do.
Aldis was upset that Prichard hinted he didn't have what it took to be a star and also noted Billy Corgan, who runs NWA, offered on multiple occasions to pay Aldis, but the wrestler wanted to prove he could draw first. He explained while a guest on Monday’s episode of Busted Open Radio on Sirius XM:
“I’m very blessed in the NWA. I make six figures. That’s not the case for everyone and I had to earn that. The first six months I worked for this company, I didn’t take a check. I said, I’ll get whatever I get from independent bookings and I’ll prove my value and I made plenty of money from the independents. I defended the title in 7 different countries on 4 different continents. I was doing just fine.
He added that his conversations will Corgan were simply that he'd say when he thought it was time he got paid. "After 6 months, I said ok, we have a goal on the horizon and we showed I can do business and do big business and I said you can stick me on a salary now," he claims.
Aldis Says He's Responsible For NWA's Revenue
While admitting there are some great talents in NWA, Aldis noted that he's the reason the company is making the money it is, even during a shut down. "This company, even at this point, is still generating like over 5 figures in monthly revenue," he said. He added, "That’s largely due to me." He went on to suggest that if he left, his departure could cause the company to struggle.
Aldis was quite upset that Prichard would claim Aldis didn't have what WWE was looking for because he preferred to play wrestler rather than actually be a wrestler. The idea that he would even want to go to WWE seemed far-fetched considering the success he's found in NWA.
h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription.
Next: Backstage Reasoning Behind Last-Minute Change To Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre Match